- Describe your Gyaru style
I don’t know if I could pinpoint just a style. Some days I love trying Amekaji, others I try Himekaji and sometimes more Tsuyome. It really depends on each day. Since I usually work late hours, I have a good amount of time to decide what style I feel like doing for that day.
- Who are your favorite Gal models that inspire you?
Ao-chan, Kaa-tan, Pomitan and Kyiiripu. These gals are definitely the ones that have influenced me the most.
- Which Gal brands do you use?
D.I.A. (of course), Liz Lisa, Liz Lisa Doll. Hopefully one day I will get Alba Rosa, Black Queen and a bunch of others I’ve seen in magazines.
- What was your first purchase from a 109 shop?
Technically I haven’t bought directly from a 109 shop since I tend to go after older brands and I have yet to visit Japan ^^;
- What was your favorite compliment about your Gal closet?
People love my Liz Lisa OTK boots! I get lots of compliments saying how much they love them!
- What do you wear the most?
My animal print D.I.A. tops. They are just the perfect cut for most of my summer looks. I wore them out a lot. Hope to find more!
- I love receiving…
my orders through Tenshi Shopping Service! Tenshi does an amazing job at getting nearly everything I aim for!
- What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you see a Gyaru?
GYARU! Literally, in my mind I scream the word because there aren’t many in NYC anymore? Unless I just don’t find them, I just get so excited about anyone that looks even the slightest gal.
- What Gyaru “rules” have you broken?
There are rules? XD Honestly, I don’t think I have? Unless you consider mixing unrelated styles with it?
- Which style would you never do?
I aim to try each style at least once. So…so far there are none!
- What do you think is essential for the perfect Gal look?
Makeup and lashes! Everything will come later but you definitely have to have the look. What makes Gal is the OTT makeup and lashes!
- How do you feel when people see you as a Gal?
I get incredibly happy. I have been practicing for so long with all sorts of styles and makeup routines. And it’s always been hard for me to really say when I’ve accomplished something since I am my own worst critic. So I need someone else to say if I’m getting it right or not.
- Do you have a lot of Gyaru friends?
Online – yes. Not so many in person. But it’s cool. It was the same with Lolita. I never really got to be with Lolitas outside of conventions.
- What is the next item you plan to buy, something you absolutely need?
Gyaru approved lashes. So Twinkle Eye, Diamond Lash and Eyemazing.
- What is your favorite accessory?
F21 earrings. So many of them are perfect for gal and they’re affordable!
- Sexy, monotone or elegant?
I would say sexy! I like cute looks but D.I.A. just brings out so much more!
- Would you wear clothes that aren’t fashionable?
I usually do. Since most of the brands I have purchased either changed styles or they are out of business, that would most likely make them not fashionable. But it’s okay with me xD
- What is your current obsession?
Colorful eyeshadow in Gyaru. Most looks feature nude eyeshadow or just eyeliner. But I love it when gals have used colorful eyeliner or bright color eyeshadows!
- Do you like to spread Gal culture? How do you do it?
Yes! I use all of my social media like Insta, Twitter and FB. And I have this blog of course! But in person, I like to give the history of Gyaru and really educate others about it. Sometimes I even get people interested!
- What advice would you give to someone who just started?
Don’t worry about being the best or try to get everything brand. Just take your time to learn everything and don’t be afraid to ask for help! Find your style and things you wanna try and keep trying until you find what suits you best!
Enjoying my work? Take a second to support Bunny Crafty Dream! ♥